Once again District 4L4 Lions will be out in force at the Ronald McDonald House in Orange for Trunk or Treat. The event will be held on Friday, October 26th from 5 pm – 8 pm.
RMH provides support, compassion, joy, and an “affordable” home away from home to any family with a critically ill child at the OC RMH. The OC RMH Trunk or Treat was created for these families and the surrounding neighborhood to enjoy a Halloween night full of fun in a safe, stress-free environment.
All activities, prizes, and food for Trunk or Treat are provided by volunteers. This year Trunk or Treat is being called a “friendraiser”.
District 4L4 Lions have supported Trunk or Treat for the past several years by providing the following (needs are shown in parenthesis):
- Generators, lights, etc. (the Donahues need a volunteer)
- Cotton Candy (need cotton candy, sugar, cones, and volunteers)
- Popcorn (need packets of popcorn, bags, and volunteers)
- Crafts table (need supplies and volunteers)
- Decorated cars with games and prizes (need 6 cars, prizes, games, and volunteers).
If you can help by providing any of the items shown above or can volunteer, please contact Lion Brenda Donahue at 714-673-6391 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Lion Brenda has lots of decorations to help decorate your car.
This is a great way to involve your Lions and Leos – just drive them to the event, open your trunk, and let them do the rest!